Hey. I’m Cody Wheeler, owner of Louisville Web Nerds, husband, and father of two amazing kids. Originally I’m from southern Indiana but have since migrated east to the Middletown area of Louisville, KY.
I’ve been building websites since the early 2000s, from hobby websites to personal blogs to small business websites, all the way up to enterprise-level websites with tens of millions of users.
I started while building an IT consulting business in the early 2000s as I was working on my degree from Indiana University, and continued as I worked on my MBA. At every stage in my career, I continued to grow my web design and development skills and worked on several side projects doing similar things. Some of these projects even helped me pay for my graduate degree.
Eventually, people saw what I could do and began asking me if I could help them with their websites.
Around that same time, my first child was born, and I decided it was time to get more serious about what Louisville Web Nerds was going to be, so I abandoned all of my other projects and Louisville Web Nerds was officially born.
Here were the rules I wanted to follow, pulled directly from my original business plan.
Key Themes of Louisville Web Nerds
- Be Reliable: Many website contractors will build a website, and then you’ll never hear from them again. I wanted to build a business centered around being a reliable partner that will provide ongoing support for the websites we build.
- Manage Capacity: We will keep an easily manageable number of clients. This is critical to providing the cost-effective solution and responsiveness that small businesses need.
- Control Overhead: Expenses will be kept low, so client pricing can be kept low. This will never be an overpriced agency with bloated overhead.
- No Unnecessary Upsells: Clients will never be upsold on services that aren’t important for their websites to run smoothly.
- Keep It Fun: Lastly, this has to be fun and enjoyable, not stressful. If at any point it’s not, we have to take a step back to figure out why, and fix it.
A True Win/Win
All of this adds up to a win/win situation. You get the website services you need for a reasonable price (1/4 or less of what many agencies will charge) and we get to continue to do what we love and provide our family with a little extra income to live a more comfortable life.
If that sounds alright with you, contact us and let’s chat. If not, no hard feelings and we wish you the best!